Louis J. Lanzillo, Jr., the former President and Vice Chairman of UNICCO Service Company and former Chief Executive for the Americas and Europe for a Global provider of Property and Engineering Services has a vision; to create the next generation of leadership in the facility service industry and do it with the most talented people he knows. UG2 is that vision brought to life.
UG2 senior management has over 250 years of combined industry experience. They have worked together for over 20 years, building a family type relationship with both clients and staff. Locally owned and privately held, UG2 is focused on providing unparalleled solutions and services to its clients in the commercial, corporate, education, retail, public venue, healthcare, life science and industrial markets.
The “U” in UG2 represents the invaluable experience Lou has gained from building a Boston-based Service Company into the facility service industry leader. “G2” refers to the creation of the next generation of industry leadership through innovation, service and thought leadership.
Simply put, UG2’s mission is to be the preeminent provider of comprehensive integrated facility services and solutions to the world’s most discriminating clients. In doing so, UG2 aims to be the benchmark that other service providers will be measured against.
Services & Industries
Our “people first” focus is grounded in the following key practices:
- Training and Talent Development
- Employee Relations
We are recognized for being citizens of each client’s industry. We deliver leadership and support services that focus on quality, safety, and performance management as the cornerstones of our service delivery model.
UG2 strives to be the industry leader in client-driven technology solutions, Green Cleaning programs, and other sustainability and energy services. We deliver a programmatic and structured approach to achieve operational excellence that is second to none.
UG2 also “practices what we preach” when it comes to our outsourcing strategy for our technology and back office support. This includes utilizing ‘best of breed’ market solutions to address unique client requirements. UG2 has outsourced our back office support services, through a Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) arrangement, to McGladrey LLP, based in Boston, MA. UG2 also leverages a fully cloud-based technology strategy to minimize our capital investments and support costs. Some additional value-add solutions that are in our UG2 toolkit include:
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Private and secure web based Account Management portals
- Performance Management dashboards
- Quality Management solutions (CompuClean Toolkit)
- Mobility solutions
- LEED and Energy Star certifications
- Facility Condition Assessments and Yearly Facility Audits
- Utility Monitoring and Tracking
- Technology Alliances and Partnerships
- The UG2 team has 250+ years of combined industry experience and a reputation for being citizens of our clients’ industries and working harmoniously to deliver exceptional results.
- Senior management has worked together for 20+ years, creating a family type relationship with staff and clients, and is recognized for Industry-leading retention rates and unparalleled integrity.
- UG2 is privately held and based in Boston, MA. We make decisions on a timely basis and invest in our business and people with a long term view following the “Golden Rule,” treating our staff with respect and transparency.
- Actively involved local ownership is creating the new benchmark of excellence for service and client satisfaction that all others will be measured against.
- We are committed to continuous improvement and never rest on our laurels. We understand that complacency leads to mediocrity.
- Our people, process and innovation mantra serves as the foundation for how we address each of our client’s needs. We incorporate an ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ situational analysis, customizing our solutions to achieve and maintain operational and programmatic excellence.
- We are your partner and will work as an extension of your team. We stand committed to developing the strongest client relationships and the highest service delivery benchmarks in the marketplace.
UG2 has expanded it's market reach and has opened an office in the Mid Atlantic region. The office opened in February 2014 and will be led by David Giamichael, Vice President and General Manager of Operations. The office address: 700 12th Street N.W., Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005. Please contact David directly (ph: 202-499-2258) for information on UG2 service offerings.
David began his career in 1988 with UNICCO Service Company. David advanced his career from management trainee to becoming Executive Vice President and General Manager for DTZ/UGL North American Operations until his departure in December 2012. David was instrumental in driving new markets, new service lines, safety performance, and company wide improvement programs. David oversees the management of all UG2 Operations in the New England and Mid Atlantic markets.
UG2 in partnership with our client (Normandy Real Estate Partners) was a proud sponsor of a benefit event featuring renowned Irish Tenor - Ronan Tynan. The evening concert and reception was very successful in raising funds in supporting the Assumption College for Sisters.
We talk a lot about service both in terms of how we help our clients service their tenants, as well as, how we provide support and service to those same clients. Please double click within this News article and read the recent blog that was posted by our partners at Building Engines.
CompuClean plays a key role within UG2's service delivery model for implementing and maintaining a GREEN Cleaning program, LEED Certification, and the ISSA's Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS). UG2 will be initially deploying the mobility inspection toolkit as a part of our Quality Assurance program. UG2 will also offer CompuClean's other features (work loading, inventory management, capital management, etc.) as applicable, in addressing each client's unique business requirements. CompuClean is owned and developed solely by Spartan Chemical.
UG2 is proud to welcome our new client - Equity Office. UG2 will provide Green Cleaning services to Equity Office throughout its New England portfolio (16 properties). Welcome to the UG2 family, as we are excited to show you the next generation of excellence for Integrated Facility Services and Solutions.
Our management team has over 250 years of combined management experience in the various markets we serve. UG2 currently provides facility services to our existing client base and their respective portfolios throughout the New England marketplace. Some of UG2’s current client references include the following: